Are you fluent in Skype for Business, Cisco UC, SIP, Azure and VMware?
Are you the ultimate techie with a commercial mindset paired with a deep understanding of enterprise video and unified communications technologies? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, ready to do something different, and want to have fun at work while changing the industry? In that case, keep reading!
Pexip, a strong player in the collaboration space, is looking for a hard-working, self-starting sales engineer. The role will focus primarily on the Norwegian market, but also covers the wider European area. You will be responsible for partnering with the local account management team to help drive adoption within the existing customer base, as well as developing new business within the region. Typical tasks include ensuring successful Proof of Concept installations at medium and large sized customers. You will also work across team lines, serving the global customer base when necessary.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a keen balance of technical ability with the interpersonal skills to help customers understand how the utilization of Pexip technology can increase the value of their existing applications.
We are seeking a strong candidate who is looking for an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced team. Are you the right person?
You will be a key resource in Pexip’s technical development and in driving our recognition and success in a highly competitive and exciting marketplace. The majority of time will be spent with customers and partners, where you will be instrumental in gathering feedback and working with our world class R&D teams in Norway and UK.
The position is based in Lysaker, Norway.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the collaboration industry and related protocols, including SIP, H.323, WebRTC, Microsoft Skype for Business, firewall traversal, VoIP and so on.
- Knowledge of ancillary technologies that help govern IP-based collaboration: firewalls, routers, MPLS networks, media relays, reverse proxies, etc.
- Understanding of third-party collaboration solutions such as Microsoft Skype for Business onprem/365, Cisco etc.
- Awareness and demonstrable knowledge of commodity compute and virtualization, including VMware and Intel Xeon processors.
- Overview and understanding of Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud.
- Experience in a pre-sales environment, working directly with account management teams to help create new business as well as serving existing customers.
- Demonstrable ability to work within a global team of engineers and account executives.
- Capable of developing creative but still robust solutions to seemingly insurmountable problems.
- Must be willing and eager to learn new technologies.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Norwegian languages.
- Willing to go above and beyond in the name of customer and organizational success.
- “Can do” attitude!
If you think this looks like a nice and relaxing position, this is definitely not for you. 🙂