Pexip is a fast-paced software vendor dedicated to advancing remote work, collaboration, and communication via video. We are looking for a motivated, talented problem solver to join our global team of customer support engineers, based out of Sydney Australia. As a part of this team, it will be your responsibility to handle a broad range of technical issues raised by customers, working through to completion. Issues may range from simple installation guidance to deep network interoperability complexity, and everything in between.
If you enjoy the intricacies of various communication protocols and problem solving of the highest order and can communicate your process to others so they get as much of a kick out of it as you, then this is the job for you!
Pexip Support is extremely proud of its customer satisfaction ratings and is seeking similarly enthusiastic engineers to maintain this quality. We believe in enabling people rather than managing them. Working closely with Sales Engineering, R&D, and Documentation teams, the customer support team is at the forefront to ensure the smooth operation of the Pexip product.
Pexip’s Global Support Team is flexible about working locations in order to best meet our customers’ needs. However, being located in Sydney, Australia is a plus. The engineer will have to work the APAC time zones.
Role and Responsibilities
Some of the responsibilities for the position include:
· Work with customers to troubleshoot reported problems, identify root cause, and resolve the issue
· Able to triage technical situations effectively and efficiently
· Evaluate multiple resolution paths and consider best possible outcomes independently and with customer service owners
· Communicate highly technical issues to non technical people to explain why issues are occurring and what can be done to improve the situation
· Effectively prioritize cases appropriately based on urgency, impact, and customer need
· Conduct and maintain competitive research and knowledge around the Unified Communications and Collaboration market
· Identify and recommend possible optimization tasks to customers
· Communicate and work closely with the sales team to communicate ongoing events with customer situations
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5+ years relevant experience in sales engineering or solutions architecture
· Good technical understanding of Microsoft, Google, Cisco, Avaya, Polycom, Zoom, BlueJeans, and other related partners/competitors in the visual collaboration landscape
· Good technical understanding of virtualization technologies, e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V is a plus
· Proven track record in technical support and have sound knowledge of technology
· Must be comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
· Ability to rely on experience and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· Ability to juggle a variety of complicated tasks, and be comfortable working independently with remote support
· Display extremely strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
· Possess strong presentation skills and be very comfortable presenting to groups of cross-functional clients (business and technology)
· Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
· 100% professional and can patiently and effectively communicate complex concepts to audiences with varying skill levels, in person, on the phone, and via email
· Highly self-motivated and organized individual that has excellent project and task management skills
· Must be able to prioritize effectively
Responsibilities and requirements are subject to change based on business needs.
To apply for this job, send your resume and introduction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org