Videxio and Pexip are merging, creating an exciting technology leader that is poised for accelerated growth. To fuel and capture this growth, we are expanding our sales and engineering presence in the Americas. We are looking for passionate, high-performance solutions architect professionals to help customers overcome collaboration challenges brought on by video platforms that do not natively work together, and to help organizations enable their mobile and distributed workforces to be productive wherever they are, working on the device of their choice.
What’s the Opportunity?
Pexip is looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to be based out of our Reston, VA office. The Architect will serve as a technical member of a sales team and be responsible for giving technical presentations/deep dive sessions, conducting training classes for partners and customers, installing and maintaining proof of concept deployments, and serving as an ongoing technical liaison to customers. In addition, Solutions Architects help with market research and working with Pexip’s R&D team to quantify product changes to assist with customer needs.
This individual must be highly energetic, a self-starter, and customer focused. They must be outgoing and able to speak to both technically-minded and C-level business-focused individuals within the customer and partner base.
The solutions Architect will report to the Vice President of Architecture. The position is based out of the Reston, VA office. Some domestic and international travel is required on an “as needed” basis based on customer and opportunity requirements (up to 30%).
Role and Responsibilities
Some of the responsibilities for the position include:
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining Pexip products and services to customers and prospective customers
- Work with customers to explain and help integrate Pexip Infinity with other portions of the customer communications and collaboration stack
- Work with customers to identify existing problems and help evaluate possible solutions
- Closely collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Assist sales teams in opportunity qualification to determine which should move to Proof of Concept
- Secure and renew orders; maintain close contact throughout the entirety of the customer relationship to provide technical and roadmap updates
- Work with customers to identify areas of product improvement and relay those needs to the internal product and development teams
- Help clients solve problems with installed equipment
- Recommend improved materials or machinery to customers, showing how changes will lower costs or increase production
- Conduct and maintain competitive research and knowledge around the Unified Communications and Collaboration market
- Bachelor’ s degree required
- 7+ years relevant experience in sales engineering or solutions architecture
- Good technical understanding of Microsoft, Google, Cisco, Avaya, Polycom, Zoom, BlueJeans, and other related partners/competitors in the visual collaboration landscape
- Good technical understanding of virtualization technologies, e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V is a plus
- Proven track record in software sales and have sound knowledge of technology
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Ability to rely on experience and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to juggle a variety of complicated tasks, and be comfortable working independently with remote support
- Display extremely strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong presentation skills and be very comfortable presenting to groups of cross-functional clients (business and technology)
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- 100% professional and can patiently and effectively communicate complex concepts to audiences with varying skill levels, in person, on the phone, and via email
- Highly self-motivated and organized individual that has excellent project and task management skills
- Must be able to prioritize effectively
Responsibilities and requirements are subject to change based on business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; bend; climb stairs; see; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift, carry and/or move up to forty (40) pounds.