At the recent Microsoft Ignite conference, Pexip announced the imminent release of Infinity for Microsoft Teams. In short, it allows third-party video conferencing systems and devices, as well as WebRTC-based video clients from any web browser, to join Microsoft Teams meetings with full video, audio, and content-sharing capabilities.
Pexip’s Graham Walsh, Director of Solutions Architecture, spent a few minutes demonstrating the platform’s capabilities, including the two-way content sharing:
In his demonstration, four systems join the Microsoft Teams meeting:
- Microsoft Surface Hub – using the recently released native Teams client – joins as a native Teams client
- Cisco MX300 joining remotely from the Pexip NYC office
- Cisco DX 80 desktop system from within the Pexip booth
- Cisco Spark Room Kit small room system from within the Pexip booth
Capabilities and demonstration
Pexip Infinity features numerous essential capabilities that make it ideal as a companion for Microsoft Teams, including:
- Native user experience for all participating systems
- Full HD video quality
- Native dual-channel, bi-directional content sharing between all attached systems and clients
- Native rosters, status indicators, and much more
Importantly, with content sharing, the complicated wording means you can share from a video conferencing system to Microsoft Teams clients, and, moreover, content shared from a Teams client to a video conferencing system shows on two separate screens where applicable.
Just like a video conferencing user expects.
Migrating from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams
In Graham’s 2nd demonstration he looks at how the Pexip Infinity platform is ideal for use with both Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams at the same time. Regardless of if an organization has Skype for Business Server or Online, Infinity can seamlessly handle both Skype and Teams meeting side by side.
This functionality is ideal for organizations that carefully plan their migration path, and shift users by department, geography, or otherwise.
Take a look:
Pexip Infinity for Microsoft Teams becomes generally available on October 19th, 2018.